1. Garrison Brigade (Croatia)
- Published: 16 February 2013 16 February 2013
- Last Updated: 16 February 2013 16 February 2013
(1. Posadni Zdrug)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed on or about 1 April 1944 with HQ in Križevci by consolidating and renaming a variety of existing quasi-independent garrison battalions and other units. Brigade strength averaged around 2,500 - 3,000. Tactically under German LXIX. Armeekorps. (1)
Apr 44: the Brigade apparently led a peaceful life during its existence as it never appears in any of the surviving wartime operational reports that record the daily combat activity in Croatia.
1 Sep 44: composition and locations unchanged from April.
1 Dec 44: renamed 11th Domobran Brigade on or about this date.
Pukovnik Cihak (Apr 1944 - ?)
Pukovnik Hinko Karl (? - 30 Nov 44)
I Territorial Corps (Apr 1944 - 30 Nov 1944)
Order of battle (Apr 1944)
Brigade HQ in Križevci
I Bn. in Varaždin
II Bn. Hercegovac
III Bn. Koprivnica
IV Bn. Bjelovar
Engineer Co. Križevci
1st Battery Bjelovar.
1. Arhiv Vojnoistorijski institut, kut. 114b, reg.br. 1/2; kut. 134a, reg.br. 2/1; Colić 1976, pp.1044 and 1050; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-311 roll 193/1046; T-314 roll 1546/476, roll 1547/605).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.