19. Domobran Brigade (Croatia)
- Published: 14 February 2013 14 February 2013
- Last Updated: 14 February 2013 14 February 2013
(19. pješački zdrug)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed on or about 1 December 1944 with HQ probably in Slavonski Brod by consolidating the former IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and X Railway Security Battalions under a brigade headquarters. Assigned to the 14th Croatian Infantry Division on formation. The Brigade’s battalions were deployed along the main railway between Sl. Brod and Zagreb with the task of trying to keep the line open by preventing sabotage of the tracks by the Partisans. In April 1945 German and Croatian forces began withdrawing toward Zagreb and the Brigade is believed to have fallen into dissolution during the final chaotic days of the war. The Brigade HQ was reported to be in Virovitica on 25 April, far from the location of its battalions.
See 14th Croatian Infantry Division for additional information. (1)
1. [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata I podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda. Tom IV/31, p.824; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-311 roll 184/1141); RG 331 (roll 447-B).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.