13. Domobran Brigade (Croatia)
- Published: 14 February 2013 14 February 2013
- Last Updated: 14 February 2013 14 February 2013
(13. pješački zdrug)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed on or about 1 December 1944 with HQ in the Gospić area and assigned to 11th Croatian Infantry Division. On formation, the Brigade was said to have 7 battalions with a total estimated strength of 4,000. Armament was reported to be satisfactory and morale was high. No subsequent mention of the Brigade has been found in either primary or secondary resources, except for a single reference to its HQ being located at Dvor on the Una river on 14 April 1945. This is highly questionable because there is nothing to corroborate its movement from Gospić to the Dvor area and there should be. It seems more likely that it was disbanded shortly after formation and its assets reassigned to other units. (1)
1. NARA WashDC: RG 226 (OSS intelligence reports 110433); RG 331 (roll 447-B).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.