15. Domobran Brigade (Croatia)
- Published: 14 February 2013 14 February 2013
- Last Updated: 14 February 2013 14 February 2013
(15. pješački zdrug)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed on or about 1 December 1944 with HQ in Nova Gradiška by renaming the 5th Garrison Brigade. Assigned to the 6th Croatian Infantry Division on formation with four battalions and an artillery battery. The status of its weapons, equipment and morale was unknown, but it had an estimated strength of 1,500 to 2,000. (1)
(See 6th Croatian Infantry Division for additional details).
Mar 45: II and III Bn. transferred to the Banja Luka area during March and then to Bosanska Gradiška on 26 March along with the Brigade HQ.
10 Apr 45: IV Bn. (Sl. Brod) was renamed V Bn./16th (Domobran) Inf. Brig. This left the Brigade with just two poorly outfitted battalions in normal strength and one that had been reduced to the strength of a company.
Pukovnik Josip Bučar (1 Dec 1944 - May 1945?)
Order of battle (1 Feb 1945)
Brigade HQ, headquarters elements and HQ Co. in Nova Gradiška
I Bn. believed to be in Banja Luka
II Bn. in Doboj
III Bn. believed to be in Nova Gradiška
IV Bn. in Slavonski Brod
1. [Vojnoistorijski institute]. Zbornik dokumenata I podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda, Tom IV/30, p.650; NARA WashDC: RG 226 (OSS intelligence reports 110433); RG 331 (roll 447-B).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.