14. Domobran Brigade (Croatia)
- Published: 14 February 2013 14 February 2013
- Last Updated: 14 February 2013 14 February 2013
(14. pješački zdrug)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed on or about 1 December 1944 with HQ in Sisak by renaming the 4th Garrison Brigade. Assigned to the 4th Croatian Infantry Division on formation with three battalions and an artillery battery. Considered to have only mediocre weapons and equipment, and the morale among the troops was said to be poor. (1)
(See 4th Croatian Infantry Division for additional details).
Dec 44: Brigade was responsible for protecting the Sisak – Petrinja area During December and probably after that, two companies (2nd Co./I Bn. and 4th Co./II Bn.) were detached in the Kostajnica – Bos. Novi area as garrison troops, while one of the other companies from the Brigade was on garrison duty in the Bihać area.
26-27 Apr 45: HQ was still in Sisak and its three battalions were still intact with approximately 500 men each.
Pukovnik Sočarin (1 Dec 1944 - May 1945?)
Order of battle (1 Feb 1945)
Brigade HQ, headquarters elements and HQ Co. in Sisak
I Bn. in Sisak
II Bn. in Petrinja
III Bn. in Žažina
1. [Vojnoistorijski institute]. Zbornik dokumenata I podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda, Tom IV/31, pp.451 and 871-79; V/36, pp.747-57; NARA WashDC: RG 226 (OSS intelligence reports 110433); RG 331 (roll 447-B).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.