Fire Cross (Hungary)
- Published: 15 January 2011 15 January 2011
- Last Updated: 07 April 2012 07 April 2012
Date Instituted24 November 1941
RequirementsAwarded for military merit.
CommentsIt was awarded in these grades:
Combatants (with swords and wreath)
- I. Class - for 3 months be in the line (with swords and wreath)
- II. Class - for 6 months in the operational area service (with wreath)
Non-Combatants (with wreath)
- III. Class - for home defence
- Postumus - to widows
Bars were added to the ribbon for the wounded.
Photo © Dr. Szentváry-Lukács János & Charles
Sources usedChristopher Ailsby - German World War 2 Medals & Political Awards: The Satellite States
David Littlejohn - Foreign Legions of the Third Reich, Vol 3
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.