8. Gendarmerie Regiment (Croatia)
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(8. oružnička pukovnija)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Existence very doubtful - the author of the cited reference reproduces part of a report by an 8th Gendarmerie Regiment dated 28 March 1943 that discusses an increased inflow of Ustasha recruits from the Omiš area as a result of the combined Axis forces driving the Partisans out of that part of Dalmatia during Operation “Weiss.” There is no other reference to a Gendarmerie regiment with this number in any other published or unpublished source, and there certainly would be if it had existed. (1)
1. Gizdić, Drago - Dalmacija 1943 (Zagreb, 1962), p.197.
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.