- Published: 29 December 2012 29 December 2012
- Last Updated: 29 December 2012 29 December 2012
by Gareth Collins
Formed on 10 December 1941 from the 6. Marinekraftfahrabteilung with its home base at Wilhelmshaven-Ebkeriege. It was called the 4. Marinekraftwagenabteilung until 20 August 1942 when it was redesignated 4. Marinekraftwageneinsatzabteilung. The Abteilung was subordinate to the Küstenbefehlshaber Deutsche Bucht for troop services. It was employed in the Baltic and Narva until August 1942, then until April 1943 it was employed in the coastal areas of the Black Sea and Caucasus. After a short time in Holland between April 1943 and June 1943 it was moved to Italy where it stayed between June 1943 and March 1945. In March 1945 it became subordinate to the K-Regiment (mot.) of the K.d.K.. On 01 May 1945 it was re-designated Marinekraftfahrabteilung z.b.V..
Fregattenkapitän (Ing.) Heinrich Illert (10 Dec 1941-00 Oct 1944)
Fregattenkapitän (Ing.) Günther Banditt (00 Nov 1944-30 Apr 1945)
Research by Gareth Collins
Erich Gröner - Die Schiffe der deutschen Kriegsmarine und ihr Verbleib 1939-1945, J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, München (1976)
Hans H. Hildebrand - Die organisatorische Entwicklung der Marine nebst Stellenbesetzung 1848 bis 1945, Biblio-Verlag, Osnabrück (2000)
Hans H. Hildebrand & Ernest Henriot – Deutschlands Admirale 1849-1945, Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück (1989)
Hans H. Hildebrand, Albert Röhr & Hans-Otto Steinmetz – Die Deutschen Kriegsschiffe, Koehlers Verlagsgesellschaft mbH, Hamburg (1980)
Walter Lohmann & Hans H. Hildebrand – Die Deutsche Kriegsmarine, Verlag Hans-Henning Podzun, Bad Nauheim (1956)
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.