Panzer-Abteilung (F) 101
- Published: 14 May 2013 14 May 2013
- Last Updated: 14 May 2013 14 May 2013
The staff of the second armored flamethrower unit was formed on 4 May 1940 with the companies following soon after. It was attached to Panzergruppe 3 for the invasion of the Soviet Union, its strength at the time was 24 Panzer II, 42 Panzer II (F), 5 Panzer III and one Panzerbefehlswagen III.
On 10 December 1941 it had been withdrawn from the front for refitting and was disbanded and used to form Panzer-Regiment 24 for the 24. Panzer-Division.
Order of battle
3 x Panzerkompanie (F)
The unit insignia was two crossed flamethrowers.
Tom Jentz & Hilary Doyle - Flammpanzer: German flamethrowers 1941-1945
Thomas L. Jentz - Panzertruppen
Fred Koch - Flammenwerfer des deutschen Heeres bis 1945
Georg Tessin - Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht 1933-1945
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.