- Published: 07 January 2012 07 January 2012
- Last Updated: 23 November 2013 23 November 2013
The Panzer-Brigade 101 was formed on 5 July 1941 and was equipped with captured French tanks. It was disbanded and used to create the stab for 23. Panzer-Division on 21 September 1941.
A new unit with this name was formed on 21 July 1944 and it was integrated into 20. Panzer-Division on 21 September 1944.
Commanders (first unit)
Oberst Botho Elster
Commanders (second unit)
Oberst von Lauchert
Oberstleutnant Dr. Zahn
Holders of high awards
Holders of the German Cross in Gold (2)
- Brücher, Albrecht, 18.11.1944, Oberleutnant, 2./Pz.Abt. 2101
- Giese, Horst, 20.09.1944, Leutnant, 2./Pz.Abt. 2101
Holders of the Knight's Cross (2)
- Breidenbach, Friedrich-Wilhelm 30.09.1944 Major Führer Pz-Brig 101
- Reintjes, Heinz 18.11.1944 Oberleutnant d.R. Führer Pz.Gren.Btl 2101
Order of battle (1941)
Order of battle (1944)
Versorgungs- und Nachschub-Kompanie 2101
Thomas L. Jentz & Werner Regenberg - Panzer Tracts No. 19-1: Beute-Panzerkampfwagen
François de Lannoy & Josef Charita - Panzertruppen: German armored troops 1935-1945
Werner Regenberg & Horst Scheibert - Beutepanzer unterm Balkenkreuz: Französische Kampfpanzer
Georg Tessin - Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht 1933-1945
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.