The Baudienst im Generalgouvernement was formed on 12 December 1940 in the Generalgouvernement (the parts of Poland that were occupied by Germany but not annexed by the it) as a construction service, an equivalent of the Reichsarbeitsdienst. All Polish citizens between 18 and 65 were expected to take part in the compulsory labor service.
A sleeve badge with two crossed pickaxes with a G in a circle.
John R Angolia - In the service of the Reich: Diplomatic & government officials/German Red Cross
David Littlejohn - Foreign legions of the Third Reich, vol 4
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -